Peterborough’s 13th Annual Seed Swap & Sale
Sunday March 11th, 2018, 12 pm – 5 pm
Emmanuel East United Church (same location as past years, different name!)
Admission is Free
Seedy Sunday is the perfect place to get inspired for spring. Come out to get all the knowledge, tools, and resources needed to get growing this season!
- Incredible diversity of vegetables, flowers, and herbs available for sale
- Community groups showcasing the great work they do
- Informative hands-on workshops,
- Popular Seed Exchange Area where you can trade seed with other gardeners & learn more about seed saving
- Contact me if you would like to be a vendor, display information, donate seeds or to volunteer!
Follow the facebook page and use #PtboSeedySunday to follow along on updates, and share the seeds you’re hoping to pick up and/ or swap!
Learn more about the Seed Exchange Area here:
- Heritage Seed & Produce – Kingston
- Greta’s Organics
- urbantomato seeds
- Mountain Grove Seed Company
- Cottage Gardener
- Urban Harvest
- Terra Edibles
- Bear Root Gardens
- Cathy’s Crawlers Composters
- Ann Brown – The Plant Lady!
- Seeds of Creation
- Aaron Muscott
- Kitchen Table Seeds
- Railway Creek
- Robin Tench – Earthworks
- Matchbox Gardens
- Hope Seeds
- Cedar Grove Farms
2018 Community Groups:
- Seeds of Diversity Canada
- Transition town
- USC/ Bauta Seed Security Initiative
- Master Gardeners/ Horticultural Society
- Peterborough Gleans
- By the Bushel Community Food Cooperative
- Farms at Work
- Peterborough Pollinators
- Edible Wild Food
- Alderville First Nation Black Oak Savanna Ecology Centre
1:30pm Robin Tench of EarthWorks EcoLogical: “Starting Seeds Indoors”
Itching to get your hands in the soil? Why not start right now? Starting your own plants from seed is one of the most satisfying (and economical) ways to grow your garden and containers! You can select from exciting varieties available from our local growers, seed catalogues, and garden centres. Learn when to start your seeds, which varieties to start indoors, where to grow ~ grow lamps vs. windowsills and what containers/ soils to use.
3:00pm Karen Stephenson – Edible Wild Foods – “Eat Your Weeds!”
Thanks to the City of Peterborough Community Project Grants and Nourish for their support. Without them, and the dedicated commitment of our amazing volunteers, Peterborough Seedy Sunday wouldn’t be possible.