Peterborough’s 12th Annual Seed Swap & Sale
Sunday March 12th, 2017, 12 pm – 5 pm
Emmanuel East United Church (same location as past years, different name!)
Admission is Free
Seedy Sunday is the perfect place to get inspired for spring. Come out to get all the knowledge, tools, and resources needed to get growing this season!
- Incredible diversity of vegetables, flowers, and herbs available for sale
- Community groups showcasing the great work they do
- Informative hands-on workshops,
- Popular Seed Exchange Area where you can trade seed with other gardeners & learn more about seed saving
- Contact me if you would like to be a vendor, display information, donate seeds or to volunteer!
Find us on facebook and use the #PtboSeedySunday to follow along on updates, and share the seeds you’re hoping to pick up and/ or swap!
Learn more about the Seed Exchange Area here:
2017 Vendors & Workshops (More TBA!)
- Heritage Seed & Produce – Kingston
- Greta’s Organics
- urbantomato seeds
- Mountain Grove Seed Company
- Cottage Gardener
- Urban Harvest
- Terra Edibles
- Bear Root Gardens
- Cathy’s Crawlers Composters
- Ann Brown – The Plant Lady!
- Robin Tench – Earthworks
- Seeds of Creation
2017 Community Groups:
- Seeds of Diversity Canada
- Transition town
- USC/ Bauta Seed Security Initiative
- Master Gardeners/ Horticultural Society
- Peterborough Public Health
- Peterborough Gleans
- GreenUP Ecology Park
- By the Bushel Community Food Cooperative
- Farms at Work
2017 TBA soon
1:30pm: Rain Collection and Water Conservation in the Garden
With Robbie Preston of EcoStewards
2:30pm How to Grow a Pollinator Habitat in Your Garden
Attend this short presentation and Q & A about attracting pollinators to your garden and discovering what they need to thrive, while you benefit from the beauty and abundance of flowers and food harvests! Learn about providing both host plants and food for these beneficial insects in your garden from early spring to late fall. This workshop is facilitated by Marcy Adzich, Manger of Ecology Park.
3:30: Seed Starting 101
with Nourish: Play in the dirt with Nourish and learn: How to make your own great seed starting mix, When to start specific crops indoors (or out!), How to get the best start to a highly productive garden, And, plant your own pulse seeds to take home with you too!
Thanks to the City of Peterborough Community Project Grants and Nourish for their support. Without them, and the dedicated commitment of our amazing volunteers, Peterborough Seedy Sunday wouldn’t be possible.